Cosy, snowy, and festive Christmas specials in December:
- Sat, Dec 9th: Cristal Milonga “Christmas Edition” with the Radio Tango Uno founders as DJs, the famous raffle, and a performance by Berlin dancers.
- Sat, Dec 9th: Students Milonga “Glühwein Edition” (for non-Germans: there is hot wine punch and it’s free). Get cosy, get spicy, get glowing 🙂
- Sat, Dec 16th: Pippo’s refugio feat. Tango Community orchestra and Griselda & Nicolas
- Sat, Dec 16th: Subte “Christmas Edition” with a show by Kara & Dominik
- Sun, Dec 17th: Urquiza’s Glass Palace: a milonga at a victorian conservatory that was built for fairytale theatre plays — it’s magic.
- Fri, Dec 22nd: Grand Re-Opening of Roter Salon milonga
- Sat, Dec 23rd: Milonga del Arte at art’otel Berlin
- Sat, Dec 23rd: Red Christmas Milonga with Julklapp
Christmas Holidays, “between the years”, and New Year’s Eve
Luckily, Berlin Tango never closes and no one has to stay at home alone during the holidays. A big thanks to all the organisers who run their events on the holidays. We are sure that all dancers who cannot be with their families will enjoy celebrating with you
Sunday, December 24th, Christmas Eve
- Traditionally, Tangoloft hosts a lovely Christmas dinner and milonga on Christmas Eve for all who stay in Berlin.
Details are not available yet. We’ll keep you posted.Juan Pable de Luca plays live music on the piano and Mona-Isabelle puts on traditional and neo-tango music. Please bring a Juleklap present.
- For the first time at Christmas Cafe Dominguez opens its doors at 6 p.m. to celebrate with you until midnight. Please bring a dish for the buffet.
Monday, December 25th, Christmas Day
- Berlinos Aires takes place from 9 pm to 3 am.
- Milonga Popular
have not announced their plans yet but it’s fairly likely that their milonga will take place.from 9:30 to 1:30 + after-party has been confirmed
- Tangoloft opens its doors from 3 to 3.
Tuesday, December 26th, Boxing Day
- According to the Claerchens website, Spiegelsaal milonga takes place as usual.
- Intimacy milonga opens its doors for a “Fantasy Christmas Edition” with a show by much adored Juampy Ramirez & Daniel Arroyo Miranda at midnight and further performances/surprises.
- Pippo’s Wedding happens for the last time in 2017 with DJ Daniela Feilcke-Wolff (no shows, no practica).
Wednesday, December 27th
- Roter Salon (it’s finally back!!)
- Mala Junta and El Ocaso are scheduled. (Warning: Please avoid checking the Frannz Club website for El Ocaso dates. It’s been hacked like crazy.)
Thursday, December 28th
Loca definitely takes place as every month — yay (pizzzzzzzaaaaaa! 😀 )
Friday, December 29th
- Nou: The Friday milonga with DJ Leandro and a show by Kara & Dominik.
- TTMS have not announced their plans yet.
Saturday, December 30th
- Flor de Noche tango cafe at weRK36 has been scheduled as well as Tangoloft.
- According to the WLG website, Walzer takes place at Walzer.
- La Milonguita happens for the last time at venue Lovelite.
- No Pippo milonga has been announced yet and we wouldn’t bet on one taking place.
Sunday, December 31st, New Year’s Eve
- Tangoloft hosts a legendary New Year’s Eve party as every year.
- TTMS has already announced their ball with live music (booking required) and we eagerly await further information.
- Milonga Popular also hosts a Christmas Dinner and “Rock into 2018” party (booking for the dinner required, milonga tickets at the door).
- There is no milonga by either Loca or Nou this year. Regular Sunday milongas Max&Moritz and Cafe Dominguez do not take place either.
Monday, January 1st, New Year’s Day
- You’re not hungover? Go back to Tangoloft: Their milonga starts at 3 p.m.
- Or try the Queer milonga, who welcome dancers of all levels, queer people of all kinds, role switchers and everybody who wants to dance with them.
- Milonga Popular also takes place as usual.
Kindly note: This post was created on December 4th. Some events are scheduled but have not been confirmed yet and for some we haven’t got any details yet. We will keep updating this post throughout December as we get more information. Please check back here frequently or with our events calendar.
Add. Dec 4th: We added “Red Christmas Milonga” on December 23rd to the list.
Add. Dec 10th: “Intimacy Fantasy Christmas Edition” was added to the list.
Add. Dec 12th: “Queer milonga” was added to the list and Tangoloft on Dec 30th updated.
Add. Dec 14th: Details for Tangoloft at Christmas Eve were added.
Add. Dec 17th: Milonga Popular on Dec 25th and January 1st confirmed and added.
Add. Dec. 18th: We added Pippo’s Wedding on Dec 26th.